Professor of English and Women’s and Gender Studies
Hinman Box: HB 6032
- B.A. State University of New York at Buffalo; M.A. Brandeis University; Ph.D. Brandeis University
Areas of Expertise
- American literature and culture; colonial American literature; feminist criticism; female writers; race and gender in American literature
- “’The Story of Hannah P.’: Recovering Portnoy’s Sister.” Shofar: Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies , forthcoming.
- “Haunted by Daffodils: Caribbean Women Writers and their Bogeymen.” CLD: Comparative Literature at Dartmouth , (2010): 57-74.
- “The New Worlds and the Old: Transatlantic Politics of Conversion.” with Susan Castillo. A Companion to American Literature and Culture , Paul Lauter (ed), (2010) 143-59.
- Whats New in the 6th Edition: New Netherland, The Fourteenth Colony. Heath Anthology of American Literature website blog, Summer 2009. http://heathanthology.blogspot.com/
- Reparative Telling of Male Narrators: Grace Paley Writing Social Change. Contemporary Womens Writing . http://cww.oxfordjournals.org/. 2009.
- Perfecting Friendship: Politics and Affiliation in Early American Literature , (2006).
- The Work of Self-Representation: Lyric Poetry in Colonial New England, (199)..
- Director of The Occom Circle Project, a three-year NEH-funded digital scholarly edition in the form of a website for works by and about Samson Occom held in the Dartmouth Libraries; Editorial Board Member and Period Editor for volume A: 1400-1800 of The Heath Anthology of American Literature, 7th edition ; Editorial Board Member and Contributor to the Oxford Bibliographies Online: American Literature ; a paper about the digital humanities; a book of poetry.