Associate Professor of Classics, and of Comparative Literature
Hinman Box: HB 6086
- B.A. University of Cambridge; M.A. University of Toronto; University College, London; Kings College, London; Ph.D. University of London
Areas of Expertise
- Classical literature; women writers; Sappho; classical tradition
- The Sacred and the Feminine in Ancient Greece , with S. Blundell, (1998).
- ‘Eros the Blacksmith’, in Thinking Men: Masculinity and its Self Representation in the Classical Tradition , L. Foxhall and J. B. Salmon (eds.), 1998.
- ‘Sappho and the Other Woman’, in Re-reading Sappho , E. Greene (ed.), (1996).
- ‘Sappho and the Other Woman’, [another version] in Language and Gender , S. Mills (ed.), 1995.
- Sappho’s Immortal Daughters , (1995).
- Reception of Greek lyric in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries; classical tradition in the Caribbean