Associate Professor of French and Comparative Literature
Hinman Box: HB 6087
- B.A. Amherst College; Ecole Normale Supérieure (rue d’Ulm), Paris; Université de Paris III-Sorbonne Nouvelle; M.A. Yale University; M.Phil. Yale University; Ph.D. Yale University
Areas of Expertise
- Medieval and early modern French literature; historiography and literature; translation; medieval and early modern women writers; critical theory; Christine de Pizan and her contemporaries; the evolution of allegory; Franco-English relations during the Hundred Years’ War
- Meaning and Its Objects: Material Culture in Medieval and Renaissance France , co-edited with M Burland and D Laguardia, Yale French Studies 110 (Fall 2006).
- “Material Examples: Philippe de Mézières’ Order of the Passion,” in Yale French Studies , 110 (Fall 2006).
- “Vertu du sacrement de mariage,” in Women in the Middle Ages, An Encyclopedia , (K M Wilson and N Margolis (eds.), (2004) 920-923.
- “The Lessons of Experience and the Chemin de long estude ,” in Christine de Pizan: A Casebook , B Altmann and D McGrady (eds.), (2002) 181-197.
- Le Chemin de longue étude de Christine de Pizan , edition and modern French translation (Livre de Poche, 2000)
- Christine de Pizan’s The Long Road of Learning ; “Dreams of Unity: Political Literature in Late Medieval France”