Associate Professor of Asian and Middle Eastern Languages and Literatures
Hinman Box: HB 6191
- B.A. Tunghai University; M.A. University of California at Berkeley; Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley
Areas of Expertise
- Chinese drama and fiction, both classical and vernacular; Chinese language teaching; the Chinese written script; interactive electronic instructional materials; Chinese cinema
- “Perceptions of Woman as Reflected in Chinese Characters: A Tentative Study of Characters in Shuowen Jiezi that Have the ‘Female’ Radical” (in Chinese), Journal of Beijing Normal University , (December 2003) 17-26.
- “An Error-Analysis of American Students’ Use of Verbs in Chinese” Journal of Beijing Normal University , (December 2003) 174-185.
- “The Use of An Animated Tutor in Teaching Chinese” in Encyclopedia of Microcomputers , 19 (1997).
- “The Concept of ‘qing’ in Feng Menglong’s Writings” (in Chinese), in the updated Chinese version of Stories and Songs