Assistant Professor of French and Italian
Hinman Box: HB 6087
- B.A. DePaul University; M.A. Middlebury College; Ph.D. University of Chicago
Areas of Expertise
- Medieval and early modern Italian literature and culture; early modern Italian women writers; history of sexuality; early modern Italian academies and salons; Venetian social and cultural history; Venetian dialect poetry and drama
- “Defaming the Courtesan: Satire and Invective in Sixteenth-Century Italy” in The Courtesan’s Arts: Cross-Cultural Perspectives , M Feldman and B Gordon (eds.), (2006) 199-208.
- " Poems in Terza Rima by Veronica Franco," in World Literature and Its Times: Profiles of Notable Literary Works and the Historical Events that Influenced Them, Volume 7: Italian Literature and Its Times , J Moss (ed.), (2005) 351-359.
- Gentlemen’s Club: Masculinity and Collective Identity in Sixteenth-Century Venice , “Dialect and Dialogics: Manuscript Culture in Sixteenth-Century Venice”