Assistant Professor of English
Departments and Programs
Hinman Box: HB 6032
- A.B. Princeton University; M.A. Middlebury College; C.Phil. University of California, San Diego; Ph.D. University of California, San Diego
Areas of Expertise
- Transnational Asian American Studies; U.S. Ethnic Literatures and Cultures; Anglophone&Francophone Caribbean Literature; Speculative/Science Fiction; Popular Culture; Gender and Sexuality Studies; Feminist Science and Technology Studies; Cinema Studies and Film Theory; Comparative Studies of Race; Critical Studies of Globalization, Labor, and Empire
- “Extrapolating Transnational Arcs, Excavating Imperial Legacies: The Speculative Acts of Karen Tei Yamashita’s _Through the Arc of the Rain Forest,”_ MELUS: Alien/Asian*, 33:4 (2008).
- “Queering the Matrix : Hacking the Digital Divide and Slashing into the Future,” The Matrix in Theory, Critical Studies , M Diocaretz and S Herbrechter (eds.), (2006) 167-192.
- Transnational Speculations: The Cultural Labors of Science and Fiction in the Age of Finance Capitalism; “Technology, Labor, and the Borderlands: The ‘Cybraceros’ of Alex Rivera’s Sleep Dealer”; “The Speculative Futures of Race, Reproduction, and Citizenship”