Professor of Italian, Comparative Literature, and Women’s and Gender Studies
Paul D. Paganucci Professor of Italian Language and Literature
Chair of the Department of French and Italian
Hinman Box: HB 6087
- “Laurea in Lingue e Letterature Straniere Moderne” Università Statale di Milano, Italy; M.A. University of Washington; Ph.D. Northwestern University
Areas of Expertise
- Twentieth century Italian literature and culture; post-colonial studies; Italian multiculturalism and migrations studies; nineteenth-century Italian literature and history; Italian film history; Italian American literature, history, and film; feminist criticism and women’s autobiographical writing
- Migration Italy: The Art of Talking Back in a Destination Culture , (2005).
- “Multiculturalism Made in Italy,” in Post-scripta: Incontri possibili e impossibili tra culture , (2005).
- Italian Cultural Studies , co-edited with A Tamburri, M S Ruthenberg, and B Lawton, (2002).
- Italian Feminist Theory and Practice: Equality and Sexual Difference , co-edited with R West, (2002).
- “Shooting a Changing Culture,” in ItaliAfrica: Bridging Continents and Cultures , Sante Mateo (ed.), (2001).
- Mediterranean Crossroads II: Multicultural Literature in Contemporary Italy ; Internal Borders: The Culture of Difference in Italy