Professor of Biological Sciences, and Graduate Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Hinman Box: HB 6044
- B.S. University of Alaska at Fairbanks, M.S. University of Alaska at Fairbanks, Ph.D. Michigan State University
Areas of Expertise
- Physiological ecology; population ecology; forest insects; forest disturbance; ecology of climate change
- Tran, J K, T Ylioja, R Billings, J Régnière, and M P Ayres, “Impact of Minimum Winter Temperatures on the Population Dynamics of Dendroctonus Frontalis (Coleoptera: Scolytinae),” Ecological Applications , (2007).
- Reynolds, L V, M P Ayres, T G Siccama, and R T Holmes, “Climatic Effects on Caterpillar Fluctuations in Northern Hardwood Forests,” Canadian Journal of Forest Research , (2007).
- Pureswaran, D S, B T Sullivan and M P Ayres, “Fitness Consequences of Pheromone Production and Host Selection Strategies in a Tree-killing Bark Beetle (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Scolytinae),” Oecologia , 148:4 (July 2006) 720-728.
- Hofstetter, R W, J T Cronin, K D Klepzig, J C Moser and M P Ayres, “Antagonisms, Mutualisms and Commensalisms Affect Outbreak Dynamics of the Southern Pine Beetle,” Oecologia , 147:4 (April 2006) 679-691.
- Ylioja, T, D H Slone and M P Ayres, “Mismatch between Herbivore Behavior and Demographics Contributes to Scale-dependence of Host Susceptibility in Two Pine Species,” Forest Science , 51:6 (December 2005) 522-531.
- “When `isms Collide: Mutualisms, Commensalisms, and Antagonisms Among Plant Enemies;” “Multiple Equilibria Contribute to Population Fluctuations in the Southern Pine Beetle”