Associate Professor of Earth Sciences
Phone: 603 646-0024
Hinman Box: HB 6105
- B.Sc. University of Delhi; M.Sc. Indian Institute of Technology; M.S. University of Rochester; Ph.D. University of Rochester
Areas of Expertise
- Origin and evolution of early earth; platinum group element chemistry of natural waters; large igneous provinces; generation of oceanic lithosphere; ion transport during weathering; solar magnetism and terrestrial climate
- Oze, C, and M Sharma, “Have Olivine, Will Gas: Serpentinization and the Abiogenic Production of Methane on Mars,” Geophysical Research Letters 32:10, Art. No. L10203 (May 2005).
- Chen, C, S Taylor, and M Sharma, “Iron and Osmium Isotopes from Stony Micrometeroites and Implications for the Os Budget of the Ocean,” Lunar and Planetary Science Conference XXXVI , #2134, (March 2005).
- Sharma, M and C Chen, “Neodymium Isotope Fractionation in the Mass Spectrometer and the Issue of142Nd Anomalies in the Early Archean Rocks,” Precambrian Research , 135:4 (Dec. 2004) 315-329.
- Frank, M, C Jeandel, R F Anderson, G Henderson, R Francois, and M Sharma, “GEOTRACES: Studying the Global Marine Biogeochemistry of Trace Elements and Isotopes,” Eos, Transactions, American Geophysical Union, 84, (Aug. 2003) 327-330.
- LEXEN Scientific Party, "Probing for Life in the Ocean Crust with the LEXEN Program, Eos , Transactions, American Geophysical Union, 84 (Mar. 2003) 109-112.
- “High Resolution Record of Seawater Osmium Isotopes Over the Last 100,000 Years;” “The Behavior of Osmium in the Orinoco River, Venezuela;” “Where on Earth is the Hadean Crust?” “Supernova Contribution of 146Sm and 142Nd to Solar Nebula;” “Ultrahigh Precision Measurements of Nd Isotopes;” "The Behavior of Os Isotopes in Long Island Sound Estuary; “Iron and Osmium Isotopes from Stony Micrometeorites and Implications for the Os Budget of the Ocean;” “Osmium and Strontium Isotopes in Ridge Flank Fluids: Implications for the Os Budget of the Oceans;”