John G. Kemeny Parents Professor of Mathematics
Phone: 603 646-2635
Hinman Box: HB 6188
- B.A. Brown University; M.A. Harvard University; Ph.D. Harvard University
Areas of Expertise
- Number theory; cryptography; algorithms
- Erdos, P, F Luca, and C B Pomerance, “On the Proportion of Numbers Coprime to a Given Integer,” Anatomy of Integers (CRM Proceedings and Lecture Notes) , J-M DeKoninck, A Granville, and F Luca (eds.), 46 (2008) 47-64.
- Filaseta, M, K Ford, S Konyagin, C B Pomerance, and G Yu, “Sieving by Large Integers and Covering Systems of Congruences,” Journal of the American Mathematical Society , 20 (2007) 495-517.
- Pomerance, C B and R Crandall, Prime Numbers: A Computational Perspective, Second Edition, (2005).
- Pomerance, C B and G Martin, “The Iterated Carmichael λ-Function and the Number of Cycles of the Power Generator,” Acta Arithmetica , 118:4 (2005) 305-335.
- Pomerance, C B and P Kurlberg, “On the Periods of the Linear Congruential and Power Generators,” Acta Arithmetica , 119:2 (2005) 149-169.
- Rank statistics for a family of elliptic curves over a function field; On the distribution of pseudopowers; On pseudosquares and pseudopowers; Sets with prescribed arithmetic densities; On the range of the iterated Euler function; On Giuga numbers; Primality testing: variations on a theme of Lucas; On the distribution of sociable numbers; Primality testing with Gaussian periods