Professor of Earth Sciences
Phone: 603 646-2371
Hinman Box: HB 6105
- B.S. Iowa State University; M.S. Iowa State University; Ph.D. Iowa State University
Areas of Expertise
- The Mesozoic world; geobiology and human evolution; The Ice Ages; field geology; paleobiology; petrology of sedimentary rocks; sedimentation and stratigraphy; Mesozoic and Cenozoic continental stratigraphy; geochronology; geology of early humanoid sites; sedimentary tectonics; sedimentary geology of the Tethyan System; geology of foreland basins; peritidal carbonate sedimentation and sequences; dinosaur ichnology; Ratite phylogeny
- Adams, K and G D Johnson, “Tidal? rhythmites of the Late Wisconsinan Champlain Sea,” Geological Society of America, Abstracts with Programs , vol. 38. no. 2 (2006) 29.
- Michelson, D L, E P Kvale, G D Johnson, M R King, K A Mickelson and P Getty, “Sub-aquaeous Tetrapod Swim Tracks from the Middle Jurassic: Big Horn Basin, Wyoming, USA,” Geological Society of America , Abstracts with Programs, May 23-25 2005 57th Annual Meeting, Rocky Mountain Section, vol. 37 no. 6 (2005).
- Adams, K and G D Johnson, “The Parataxonomic Implications of a South Asian Ratite Record: Eggshell Morphology and Faunal Sequence,” Geological Society of America, Abstracts with Programs , Annual Meeting Nov. 7-10, 2004 vol 36. no. 5 (2004) 423.
- Kvale, E P, D M Mickelson, G D Johnson, and S Hasiotis, “The History of Dinosaur Footprint Discoveries in Wyoming, with Emphasis on the Bighorn Basin,” S. G. Pemberton, (ed.) A special volume to commemorate the contributions of W.A. S. Sarjeant, Ichnos , vol. 11 (2004) 3-9.
- Johnson, G D, reprinted (2003) “Geochronology: The Interpretation and Dating of the Geological Record – Introduction. Study of the Rock Record (in part),” Encyclopaedia Britannica , Macropaedia, vol. 19 (2002) 748-755.
- “Geologic map of the Manderson NE Quandrangle, Big Horn Co., Wyoming, Scale: 1:24,000”; completion of geologic mapping of two geological maps of a region in northern Wyoming;