Professor of Geography
Joan P. and Edward J. Foley Jr. 1933 Professorship
Chair of the Department of Geography
Hinman Box: HB 6017
- B.A. Clark University; M.A. Clark University; Ph.D. Clark University
Areas of Expertise
- Urban historical geography; cultural geography; social theory; feminist theory; postcolonialism
- American Commodities in an Age of Empire , (2006).
- “Selling Civilization: Toward a Cultural Analysis of America’s Economic Empire in the Late 19th and Early 20th Centuries,” Transaction of the Institute of British Geographers , 29 (2004) 453-467.
- “Postcolonialsm and the American City,” Urban Geography , 25 (2004) 738-754.
- Handbook of Cultural Geography , co-edited with K Anderson, S Pile and N Thrift, (2003).
- Putting Women in Place: Feminist Geographers Make Sense of the World , with J Seager, (2001).
- International Encyclopedia of Human Geography ; “Building Globalization: Analyzing American Commercial Landscapes Overseas, 1880-1917”