Professor of Sociology
M.A.L.S. Professor, Faculty Member (Master of Arts in Liberal Studies)
Phone: 603 646-3166
Hinman Box: HB 6104
- B.A. Queens College, CUNY; M.A. University of Michigan; Ph.D. University of Michigan
Areas of Expertise
- Dictatorships, social revolutions, political struggle, Iran
- Devlet, Ideoloji ve Devrim: Iran, Nikaragua ve Filipinler Devrimlerinin Karsilastirmali Analizi , (2004).
- “Conflicts and Collective Action in the Iranian Revolution: A Quantitative Analysis,” Journal of Iranian Research and Analysis , 20:2 (November 2004).
- “Will Globalization and Democratization Make Revolutions Obsolete?” in The Future of Revolutions , J Foran (ed.), (2003).
- “Islamic Fundamentalist Movements and the Theory of Clash of Civilizations,” Journal of Iranian Research and Analysis , 18:1 (April 2002).
- States, Ideologies, and Social Revolutions: A Comparative Analysis of Iran, Nicaragua, and the Philippines , (2000).
- Dictatorships and Struggles for Democracy: Republic of Korea, Indonesia, and Iran ; “Iran From 1919”