Associate Professor of Sociology
Chair of the Department of Sociology
Hinman Box: HB 6104
- A.A. Tulsa Community College; B.A. University of Tulsa; M.A. Vanderbilt University; Ph.D. Vanderbilt University
Areas of Expertise
- Emotional expression; gender and emotions
- “Emotional Expression at Work and at Home: Domain Status, or Individual Characteristics?,” with Brian Powell, Social Psychology Quarterly, 69 (2006) 17-38.
- “Emotions in the Workplace,” in Handbook of the Sociology of Emotions , J. Turner and J. Stets (eds.), (2006).
- “Social Psychology and Stress Research,” in Social Mirror, W. Avison, J. McLeod, and B. Pescasolido (eds.), (2006).
- “Survey Approaches to the Sociology of Emotion,” in Emotional Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns , R. Robert (ed.), (2006).
- “Sociological Realms of Emotional Experience,” American Journal of Sociology , 109 (2004) 1109-1136.
- “Emotional Expression: The Influence of ‘Others’ In Hierarchical Work Settings;” “Gender Indifference: Reconsidering Gender and Emotion in the U.S”