Professor of Government
Daniel Webster Professor
Hinman Box: HB 6108
- B.A. Beloit College; M.A. Yale University; M.Phil. Yale University; Ph.D. Yale University
Areas of Expertise
- International relations; foreign policy
- “Unipolarity, Status Competition and Great Power War,” World Politics , 61:1 (2009) 28-57.
- “Reshaping the World Order: How Washington Should Reform International Institutions,” with S G Brooks, Foreign Affairs , 88:2 (2009) 49-63.
- World Out of Balance: International Relations Theory and the Challenge of American Primacy , with S G Brooks (2008).
- The Balance of Power in World History , edited with R Little and S Kaufman (2007).
- “Testing Balance of Power Theory in World History,” with R Little, S Kaufman, D Kang, C Jones, V Tin-Bor Hui, A Eckstein, D Deudney, and W Brenner, European Journal of International Relations , 13:2 (2007) 155-185.
- Status competition in international relations