Professor of Economics
Richard S. Braddock 1963 Professor in Economics
Hinman Box: HB 6106
- B.A. Dartmouth College; Ph.D. Harvard University
Areas of Expertise
- Child and youth outcomes; causal inference; labor economics; social aspects of economics; education and economics, law and economics
- Katrina’s Children: The Effects of Peers on Student Achievement and Behavior,with Scott Imberman and Adriana Kugler.
- Did the Stimulus Stimulate? Real Time Estimates of the Effects of the American Readjustment and Recovery Actwith James Feyrer.
- “Why Do Americans Work More than Europeans?”with A Alesina and E Glaeser, NBER , Macro Annual, (2005).
- Colonialism and Modern IncomeIslands As Natural Experimentswith James Feyrer. Review of Economics and Statistics May 2009, Vol. 91, No. 2, Pages 245-262 .