Robert 1932 and Barbara Black Professor in Asian Studies
Hinman Box: HB 6191
- B.A. Nanjing College of Food Economy; M.A. Nanjing Normal University; Ph.D. Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
Areas of Expertise
- Chinese philology and paleography; early Chinese history, literature, philosophy and religions; Chinese art, archaeology and art history
- Poetry Has No Hidden Intentions: Unearthing the Buried Confucian Poetic Tradition , (Editor), (2008).
- “The Fragmentary Bamboo Slip Version of the Tang Le and the Sanfu Rhapsody of the Warring States Period,” Jianbo 1 (2006) 429-444.
- “Towards a Transparent Transcription,” Asiatische Studien , 59:1 (2005) 31-60.
- Written on Bamboo and Silk: Thought and Schools in Early China , (2005).
- “New Light on the Early-Han Code: A Reappraisal of the Zhangjiashan Bamboo-Slip Legal Texts,” with L Xueqin, Asia Major , Third Series, 14:1 (2001) 125-146.
- Research on the Silk Manuscript Zhouyi , (1997).
- Textual, intellectual and methodological issues of recently discovered early bamboo and silk manuscripts