Assistant Professor of Religion
Hinman Box: HB 6036
- B.A. Hebrew University, Jerusalem; M.A. Indiana University; Ph.D. Indiana University
Areas of Expertise
- Early China; Chinese mythology; religions of China; Daoism; body and sex in Chinese religions; magic, science and religion in traditional China
- “Time Manipulation in Early Daoist Ritual: The East Well Chart and the Eight Archivists,” Asia Major , 18.1.
- Several entries in Encyclopedia of Taoism , F Pregadio (ed.), (2006).
- “Daoist Sacred Geography;” “Imperial Efficacy: Debates on Imperial Ritual in Early Medieval China and the Emergence of Daoist Ritual Schemata;” "Between Decadence and Glory: The Aristocratic Era of the Southern Dynasties; “Aristocratic Culture and Religious Innovations;” “The Way of the Yellow and the Red: Daoist Sexual Practices;” a history of the emergence and development of Daoist religion between the second and sixth centuries