Assistant Professor of Spanish and Portuguese
Hinman Box: HB 6072
- B.A. Sheffield University; M.A. University of British Columbia; Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley
Areas of Expertise
- Iberoamerican theatre; theories of performance; performance theory; Latin America since 1810; Spain since 1750; colonial Latin America; cultural studies
- “Sabina Berman,” in Dictionary of Literary Biographies : Latin American Dramatists , (2005) 44-59.
- “Resisting Amnesia: Yuyachkani, Performance, and the Postwar Reconstruction of Peru,” Theatre Journal , 56 (2004) 395-414.
- “Diálogo con Sabina Berman,” in Sediciosas seducciones: sexo, poder y palabras en el teatro de Sabina Berman , (2004) 43-63.
- “Technology, Language and Literacy: The New Pedagogical Challenge,” with C Kramsch and E Lam, in Loss of Communication in the Information Age , (2001) 117-130.
- “Authenticity and Authorship in the Computer-Mediated Acquisition of L2 Literacy,” Language Learning and Technology , Special Issue on Literacies&Technologies, 4:2 (September 2000) 117-130.
- Inside/Outside: Sabina Berman, Mexican Theatre, and the Politics of Cultural Production; “The Challenges of Translation, The Deception of Reception: The Case of Between Pancho Villa and a Naked Woman by Sabina Berman”